Sunday, June 4, 2017

FNWF & the Chookshed Party

Friday Night

I joined 29 other ladies for Cheryll's FNWF.  and sewed and crocheted and cut & prepped.
You can go here to the Linky to catch up on everyone else.

Crochet:

To while away time when I am a passenger in the car (mainly to and from work 4 days a week) I have been knitting 10" squares to give to a friend Maria who makes the squares into blankets for the needy.
Whilst I enjoy knitting - I thought that crocheting would probably be a quicker method so I've started a block.  It's certainly quicker - though not as easy to do in the dark in the car.




Cutting and Prepping


After I found the last purplish fabric that I needed during my Victorian Road Trip - I now have the sections ready for my Little Patchwork Village quilt.
I hope to be able to cut the stitcheries on Sunday and start making the blocks.


Saturday / Saturday Night

Group #1 Sewing Day - so I sewed some more.   So I will clock that up to the Chookshed Party. (Click on the link to see the list of virtual attendees and what they worked on.)

This is a Gail Pan pattern called Seasons - I bought a kit for it - most unusual for me - when it was on sale at a local shop that was closing down - it must be 3 or 4 years old by now.
I have changed the fabric for the background so that I can do all the stitcheries and then put the blocks together.

This is so outside my normal colour way....I am already thinking its a bit dull.   It might just end up as one block.  I might just re do the whole block...who knows???


Sunday?

Hopefully some more cutting & sewing.

I hope all the Chookshed party people are having a ball - and all the cyber attendees are happily sewing along too.






11 comments:

Cheryll said...

Always nice to see your smiling face at FNwF...🤗

Maria said...

You have kept busy over the past few days..
Nice to make squares for Maria.

Helen said...

Very productive weekend for you with lovely projects.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You definitely partied hard...good work. I of course like your background choice lol!

Deb R said...

Wow you have been busy, love those flying geese!

Janet said...

You certainly had a busy weekend! Lucky you that you get to knit or crochet while going to work. I have to drive. I listen to the radio which is okay, but if I could take a bus or train I would so I could read or sew!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Chooky does do a good birthday bash ❤️❤️Great projects 💕

Chookyblue...... said...

good to see you had some lovely time crafting.........thanks for joining the party..........

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lots of nice work there Susan! I can't seem to stitch in the car but I admire everyone who does!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work my friend xx

Anonymous said...

Nice to make squares for Maria.
ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก